Monday, January 4, 2010

Hollie Fortner Traylor and Ryan Traylor


Ella and Ella



Hollie and GG at the Nauvoo Temple


Hollie, GG, and Lindsay 1988 in the Nauvoo pagent


The Traylor Family Ryan, Hollie and Mckenzie Ella


When I think of Grandma so many things come to mind.  Like sleep overs at Grandma's, working on the garden, sitting in the front room and relaxing, Sam's Club, Church.  Especially some important life lessons that I still use to this day.  She's the one that taught me, "If it's not broke don't fix it".  Just last year when I was visiting she pulled out her 8 tracks and plugged the Johnny Cash one into her 8 track machine.  When I asked her why she still had it, her reply was, "Well, Hollie, it still works!  Why would I get rid of it if it still works"?  Another thing she taught me was when I was in high school and she was telling me some story from when I was a kid and I told her I couldn't remember what she was talking because I just have a really bad memory.  Grandma's answer was, "No, you just don't pay attention".  I think I would of gotten mad by that, being the young 16 year old I was, but I thought about it.....maybe I don't pay attention like I should.  Since then, I've always tried to pay more attention to what people are saying and really listen.  Although, the one thing that that really stands out when I think of Grandma is Nauvoo.  I think of her taking me, Kellie and Lindsay to Nauvoo for two weeks out of the summer and having us in the City of Joseph Pageant.  I think I was in it for maybe 4 years, but being there had such an impact on my life I feel I owe that all to her.  It's there where I first felt my testimony of our church begin.  Nauvoo will always have a special place in my heart, because of my Grandma.  There was also a real tender moment during someones wedding, I think it was Lindsay's, and I was able to sit next to Grandma in the sealing room.  We listened as one of Grandpa's old friends, the sealer, reminisced a little bit about Grandpa.  As he was talking she searched for my hand and held onto it.  I could feel my grandma's love and spirit so strong in that room.  That is one moment that I will cherish for the rest of my life.  I want Grandma, Granny, Grandma Pearl, PearlJam to know that I love her and thank her for everything she has done for me.  She is an example of a hard worker, a modern day pioneer, a good cook, a strong loving heart, and someone that will never forget you.  I love you Grandma!  Happy Birthday!


"Happy Birthday GG"!  Love Ryan Traylor

No comments:

Post a Comment