Monday, January 18, 2010

Kellie Denise Fortner Forrest









 


     I was looking through some old pictures trying to figure out which story I should write about Grandma Pearl and what I noticed the most in all my old pictures was that Grandma was always there.  There she was at my 3 year old birthday party.  There she was at my dance recital.  There she was at Christmas Dinner.  There she was at my high school graduation.  There she was picking me up from college.  Sometimes she was right in front of the picture and sometimes she was in the background.  I realized how lucky I was to have a grandma so involved in my childhood.  She was someone who always supported me in the important events in my life and the not-so-important events.  She was definitely a hands on grandma and I love that about her. 
      Of course, I also have to mention those times she took Hollie, Lindsay and I to Nauvoo.  Those were some of the best times of my life.  She fit right in with the teenagers as well.  She is in almost every teenage group photo we ever took at Nauvoo.  She was everyone's grandma and everyone loved her there and everyone still does, I am sure.

Grandma is an awesome example to me and I hope to be the same kind of grandma to my grandkids as she is to hers. 
Have a wonderful 90th birthday, Grandma!!  You are awesome!!!  We love you!!


Gary, Kellie, Isabel, Lucy, Jack, John and Eddy

No comments:

Post a Comment