Monday, December 28, 2009

Sarah Johnson


When I was dating Andy and first met Pearl I remember she said (in front of me of course): “Is she a member of the church?”  I don’t know why she asked because it didn’t seem to matter to her; from that point on she treated me like a friend.  I’ve watched her befriend many people over the nine years that I have known her.  I’ve listened to countless stories of kindness that she and Byron bestowed on many children and people in need.  She is an amazing example of a strong woman that has fought to keep her family together.  She remembers everything, she knows everything, and she will tell you what you are doing wrong!  When Andy and I first got married the only reason we religiously went to church was to spend time with Pearl and Paul.  I think she was the gardener of Heavenly Fathers seed for me to chose the right and raise my boys within the gospel.  I am honored to have met Pearl that afternoon in her kitchen and we will never know if I married Andy for his good looks or simply for Paul and Pearl’s Sunday cooking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment