Sunday, January 3, 2010

Jake Johnson

"I think every time I visit with grandma I take a great memory with me. But there are two stories about Grandma that really stand out.  The first story is probably her favorite to tell about me as well. I was in Kindergarten (around the same age I am in my picture in the front room) it was my turn for show and tell, Grandma had brought some things that she and grandpa had gotten while they were serving their mission in Canada.  What I showed was a belt made of beads that had "BYRON" written on it. I held it in front of everyone and wore it along with a big ole smile (at least that is what grandma tells me).  I'm sure this story will be a repeat. We meet as a family in Lee's Ferry a few summers ago, toward the end of the trip my dad was giving a little speech (lecture would be more like it) he had made a comment that was somewhere along the lines of.. Grandma is getting old, but before my pops could even finish his thought, everyone hears grandma out of left field say "I'M NOT OLD!" we all got a really good laugh.  There have been so many great memories I have had with grandma ranging from Nauvoo, to just sitting in the front room with her. Grandma your one of a kind, love you so much.
  Jake"

No comments:

Post a Comment