Monday, January 4, 2010

Lindsay Fortner Russell


 GG and the Big Boys
 
 Nauvoo
 
 The Russell Family
 
 GG, Kingsley and Van Russell


Dear Grandma,

So you are turning the 90. That is awesome. I have always thought that you would out live me and I think I am proving myself right.

Grandma, I just want to thank you for being wonderful. You have taught me so many things over the years. Your sassy, take charge, don't tell me I know what's right attitude it awesome. You are full of love, kindness, and spark. I will always remember growing up with you being right by my side.

We were roommates in Nauvoo and I think I learned the most about you there.  I don't ever think I have told you how much Nauvoo has meant to me. Your willingness to take me, Hollie and Kellie there has changed my life in more ways then you know. I have made lifetime friends there, gained a testimony of Joseph Smith there, and made the most wonderful childhood memories there. Thank you for that. If it were not for your willingness to have me be apart of that, I don't know what I would have done with the rest of my youth. Being part of the City of Joseph is metal of honor that I love to ware.

I have memories of your wonderful home, we knew we needed to mind there and we did. I remember Andy, Scott and I playing Star Wars in the guest bedroom. I remember when you married Paul Hicks, what a wonderful choice you made. He has been an awesome grandpa and example to me, Kingsley  and my boys. You really found someone awesome to take good care of you. 

While I was in College I will never forget talking to you on the phone about things going on there. Then coming home and loving the smells of Christmas in your home. I always knew that Paul's peanut brittle would be cooking, and there was never a Holiday without some of Grandma Texas sheet cake. I think it is famous.

Thanks Grandma for being you. I know that this birthday is a big one and I can't wait to make the 100 years of Pearl book in 2020. You are the best ever and I love everything you are and everything you taught me.

Love you always,

Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment