Monday, January 4, 2010

Andrew William Johnson



I have many memorable moments of Grandma (GG) and to choose only one moment has proven to be very difficult.

I though of a simpler time "exploring" her backyard as a seven-year-old and (in a Pav;pv-like manner) I would hear the bell ring atop the hill. Salivating, we would come running for lunch consisting of reheated McDonald's hamburgers and french-fries. Somehow, the soggy french-fries didn't seem to matter. I remember for years she would frequently bring over pots of delicious mastacholi, To my brothers and I, the tomato-based pasta seemed as if it were manna delievered by an angel. These simple gestures helped form within me the ideals of nurture, kindness, and charity.

More recently, I have been experiencing GG through my children's eyes. The love I see her extend to the boys helps me realize the love that is and has been extended to me. She is truly a wonderful blessing in my life and I cannot tell her enough how much I love her.

Love always,
Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment