Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Scott Johnson



Two Bananas, three apples, two nutty bars, two or three Twinkies or Ho Hos, a container full of taco soup, and a package of sliced ham, this is the usual contents of my take home bag after nearly every visit to Grandma’s house. This, of course, is not all she has giving me throughout my life. From letting me use her car when mine was broken to making the pain of a bee sting go away (I don’t know how she did it), she has always been there when I’ve needed help.  What I feel is more important than what she has given me is the great example she has been to me, in being determined in the face of adversity, in showing love and nurturing to family, and always demonstrating a kindness and willingness to provide for others. This is why I love my Grandma.

Happy Birthday, Grandma!!

Love, Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment